Going forth the advancement of robotic technology will wield the world.
A new breakthrough shows robots can breed!
Do I mean, naturally?
As naturally as possible but artificially!
With a shocking 7.9 billion population engaging themselves on Earth, natural breeding is what is known for eons to rule.
Why is it ruling, or why did I choose to say it?
I chose the word ruling since there seems to be no visible competitor of this process like others on this planet.
Well, there was no competitor I must rectify.
But, now there seems to be a way coming up.
A century after Karel Capek coined the term, robot for the enumeration of the robotic technology and the world after- and now, after a century, they are laying their first breeding ground.
Wait! What? Did I hear it right? Oh my gosh! Can they breed or reproduce or whatever? Are we so advanced in robotic technologies now?
Well, some humans who are rather known to be scientists are making this phenomenon come true.
A research group recently showed an automated technology that could be the first breeding ground for robots.
What can the robots do with it?
- They can breed for generations.
- The evolution of the artificial genetic code is possible as robots keep breeding generation after generation.
- In the process, if they can better adapt to the environment, they live in.
Well, gosh! Yes, it’s happening!
A competitor finally for the natural evolutionary process.
Child robots will have a combination of two-parent digital robots from a pack of robots.
How will the child robots evolve?
There is a process even to it like there is a process through which mankind creates their children.
What is the process? Let’s find out!
- The new design once created by uniting the artificial DNA of two robots is sent to a 3D printer.
Ohh yes, it’s an artificial process, remember!
Printers are an integral part of this artificial technology for sure.
- It designs or creates the shape of the robot, in short, the body of the robot is first designed from the information that reaches the printer.
- Cool! The robot has a body next to what? It needs a brain, of course!
A brain with control software is attached to the body and mostly looks like shiny dots, specks, and flecks. It is attached to the new body of the baby robot by a robotic arm. The control software is nothing but a combination of software codes inherited by the baby from the mother and the father.
- Again sensors, wheels, or joints chosen by the evolutionary process are also to be attached to the baby robot.
- Simultaneously a computer simulation of the baby robot is also stored by the scientists for further use.
- Due to artificial selection, there is still a scope of bringing together the best of two robots to create a far more advanced species than the parents. It is not though a trait of natural evolution where a child’s qualities get determined by their parents, but the good and the bad exist side by side.
A fast robot and a well-articulated robot can both come together in the new offspring.
Now the most essential point about this robotic technology.
This technology can work without human support.
Yes, this technology is a self-reliant process.
For the first time, humans are going to be bystanders in a process created by them.
Well, what is the future of such breeding?
Bringing up robots of a specific kind!
Biological evolution imitation
Well, as biological evolution, more so natural evolutions show distinct trait choices, so might artificial evolution, scientists hope!
Just like the Cuban vines that have satellite-shaped leaves with dishes amplifying the echolocating signals (used primarily in bats) for turning to their flowers.
As much as the anti-freeze element in Antarctician piscine families where they survive long hauls of frozen grounds to welcome the summers year after year.
In the most similar of ways, it is believed, artificial progenies will also design eventually their own better self.
But there is a catch in this!
What you breed is what grows!
It would thus mean if you breed hate in these artificial creatures, one day, they might become capable enough to smother the entire human race.
But, if you breed love, they might become our best friends protecting us from adversaries we do not even know of.
Till the next generation robots grow, catch you then.
And then there will be competition now, in one of the vital human processes- producing progenies will no longer be natural or maybe not unnatural.
On a hopeful note!
Every basic right will get preserved, slowly, as trees and animals, robots and humans come to co-exist side by side.